- ½ lb Conch meat, diced
- ½ medium Onion, diced
- 1 stick Celery, diced
- 1 ½ Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 3 tsp Salt
- ½ Habanero Pepper
- 2 tsp Hot Sauce
- ¾ cup Lakay Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp Thyme Leaves
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 ¼ cups Water
- Vegetable Oil for deep frying
Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Ketchup
- 1 tsp. Mustard
- 1 tsp. Hot Sauce
- In a large bowl, mix everything together except the ﬂour, baking powder, and water.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the ﬂour and the baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the large bowl, stir, and then add the water slowly.
- Pre-heat a pot or deep fryer with oil, several inches deep, over high heat.
- Scoop tablespoons of the batter into the hot oil and allow to fry until golden brown on all sides. Don’t over-crowd them, only fry a few fritters at a time.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towels to soak away some of the oil.
- Whisk all sauce ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Serve with hot fritters.
Find more recipes like this at www.tastetheislandstv.com.